10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works—A True Story
by Dan Harris
In 2004, Dan Harris, co-anchor of Nightline and the weekend editions of Good Morning America, suffered an on-air panic attack. It came in the aftermath of drug abuse, a health scare, and the incessant professional drive that was becoming a toxic force in his life. 10% Happier documents his journey toward greater peace and self-knowledge that began as he covered the ABC News religion beat and continued with his reluctant decision to try meditation, a practice that changed his life.
From the Book Club Moderator
Welcome to the IMRF online feedback page for Book #6! Here we will post any thoughts or impressions you share with us about Book #6. You can email us your reactions at email@example.com or send them by mail to our physical address at IMRF, 2211 York Road, Suite 600, Oak Brook IL, 60523-2337.
Questions to spark discussion:
- How did you react to this author's crisis and journey toward stability?
- When has a negative event in your life caused you to realize you needed to make a change?
- Have you ever realized that a trait you considered one of your strengths was causing problems in your life?
- When have you encountered someone who changed your life for the better?
- How do you find peace and balance?
- What new practices have you discovered that made a difference to your well-being?