Past Service for Inactive Members

for Inactive IMRF Members
Forest pathway

If you are an inactive IMRF member, you are not eligible to submit an application for past service. However, if IMRF received your application before you stopped working for your IMRF employer you are allowed a one-time lump sum past service payment after your IMRF termination date.

In some cases, and for some types of service, you may be eligible to submit an application and purchase IMRF past service if you are participating in an Illinois reciprocal retirement system.